'You lie, Elwyn Bellford,' she breathed blissfully. 'Oh, I know you lie!' I gazed dully into the ferns. 'My name is Edward Pinkhammer,' I said. 'I came with the delegates to the Druggists' National Convention. There is a movement on foot for arranging a new position for the bottles of tartrate of antimony and tartrate of potash, in which, very likely, you would take little interest.' A shining landau stopped before the entrance. The lady rose. I took her hand, and bowed. 'I am deeply sorry,' I said to her, 'that I cannot remember. I could explain, but fear you would not understand. You will not concede Pinkhammer; and I really cannot at all conceive of the - the roses and other things.' 'Good-bye, Mr. Bellford,' she said, with her happy, sorrowful smile, as she stepped into her carriage. I attended the theatre that night. When I returned to my hotel, a quiet man in dark clothes, who seemed interested in rubbing his finger-nails with a silk handkerchief, appeared, magically, at my side. 'Mr. Pinkhammer,' he said casually, giving the bulk of his attention to his forefinger, 'may I request you to step aside with me for a little conversation? There is a room here.' 'Certainly,' I answered. He conducted me into a small, private parlour. A lady and a gentleman were there. The lady, I surmised, would have been unusually good-looking had her features not been clouded by an expression of keen worry and fatigue. She was of a style of figure and possessed colouring and features that were agreeable to my fancy. She was in a travelling-dress; she fixed upon me an earnest look of extreme anxiety, and pressed an unsteady hand to her bosom. I think she would have started forward, but the gentleman arrested her movement with an authoritative motion of his hand. He then came, himself, to meet me. He was a man of forty, a little grey about the temples, and with a strong, thoughtful face. 'Bellford, old man,' he said cordially, 'I'm glad to see you again. Of course we know everything is all right. I warned you, you know, that you were overdoing it. Now, you'll go back with us, and be yourself again in no time.' I smiled ironically.

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 6

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 5

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 4

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 3

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 2

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 1

داستان کو تاه The Skylight Room صفحه 5

i ,a ,the ,of ,you ,and ,there is ,is a ,would have ,he said ,i said

مشخصات

آخرین مطالب این وبلاگ

آخرین ارسال ها

آخرین جستجو ها

3eyyed54657 میهن همکار طلا کلیپ بانک لینک های دانلود فیلم ، دانلود سریال و دانلود آهنگ میباشد اندیشه ها و نظرات یک برنامه نویس و بازی ساز شرقی انتشارات زبان مهر مد و پوشاک کتابها و نرم افزارهای آموزشی samiarmirzayi rubika