Especially Mr. Skidder, who had cast her in his mind for the star part in a private, romantic (unspoken) drama in real life. And especially Mr. Hoover, who was forty-five, fat, flushed and foolish. And especially very young Mr. Evans, who set up a hollow cough to induce her to ask him to leave off cigarettes. The men voted her 'the funniest and jolliest ever,' but the sniffs on the top step and the lower step were implacable. bull; bull; bull; bull; bull; I pray you let the drama halt while Chorus stalks to the footlights and drops an epicedian tear upon the fatness of Mr. Hoover. Tune the pipes to the tragedy of tallow, the bane of bulk, the calamity of corpulence. Tried out, Falstaff might have rendered more romance to the ton than would have Romeo's rickety ribs to the ounce. A lover may sigh, but he must not puff. To the train of Momus are the fat men remanded. In vain beats the faithfullest heart above a 52-inch belt. Avaunt, Hoover! Hoover, forty-five, flush and foolish, might carry off Helen herself; Hoover, fortyfive, flush, foolish and fat, is meat for perdition. There was never a chance for you, Hoover. As Mrs. Parker's roomers sat thus one summer's evening, Miss Leeson looked up into the firnt and cried with her little gay laugh: 'Why, there's Billy Jackson! I can see him from down here, too.' All looked up - some at the windows of skyscrapers, some casting about for an airship, Jackson-guided. 'It's that star,' explained Miss Leeson, pointing with a tiny finger. 'Not the big one that twinkles - the steady blue one near it. I can see it every night through my skylight. I named it Billy Jackson.' 'Well, really!' said Miss Longnecker. 'I didn't know you were an astronomer, Miss Leeson.' 'Oh, yes,' said the small star-gazer, 'I know as much as any of them about the style of sleeves they're going to wear next fall in Mars.' 'Well, really!' said Miss Longnecker. 'The star you refer to is Gamma, of the constellation Cassiopeia. It is nearly of the second magnitude, and its meridian passage is - ' 'Oh,' said the very young Mr. Evans, 'I think Billy Jackson is a much better name for it.

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 6

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 5

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 4

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 3

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 2

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 1

داستان کو تاه The Skylight Room صفحه 5

the ,and ,of ,to ,i ,a ,to the ,bull bull ,billy jackson ,miss leeson ,young mr

مشخصات

آخرین مطالب این وبلاگ

آخرین ارسال ها

آخرین جستجو ها

وکيل مهريه طلاق وِمکا خلاصه کتاب انقلاب اسلامی ایران عیوضی و هراتی neginsarma مطالب اینترنتی gersa مرد دانلود فایل های کمیاب جامع ترین اطلاعات تخصصی پزشکی ایران و جهان دنیای از خوشمزه ها