BEING ACQUAINTED WITH a newspaper reporter who had a couple of free passes, I got to see the performance a few nights ago at one of the popular vaudeville houses. One of the numbers was a violin solo by a striking-looking man not much past forty, but with very grey, thick hair. Not being afflicted with a taste for music, I let the system of noises drift past my ears while I regarded the man. 'There was a story about that chap a month or two ago,' said the reporter. 'They gave me the assignment. It was to run a column and was to be on the extremely light and joking order. The old man seems to like the funny touch I give to local happenings. Oh yes, I'm working on a farce comedy now. Well, I went down to the house and got all the details; but I certainly fell down on that job. I went back and turned in a comic write-up of an east side funeral instead. Why? Oh, I couldn't seem to get hold of it with my funny hooks, somehow. Maybe you could make a one-act tragedy out of it for a curtain-raiser. I'll give you the details.' After the performance my friend, the reporter, recited to me the facts over the Wuuml;urger. racking, petitionary music of a violin. The hag, music, bewitches some of the noblest. The daws may peck upon one's sleeve without in injury, but whoever wears his heart upon his tympanum gets it not far from the neck. This music and the musician called her, and at her side honour and the old love held her back. 'Forgive me,' he pleaded. 'Twenty years is a long time to remain away from the one you say you love,' she declared, with a purgatorial touch. 'How could I tell?' he begged. 'I will conceal nothing from you. That night when he left I followed him. I was mad with jealousy. On a dark street I struck him down. He did not rise. I examined him. His head had struck a stone. I did not intend to kill him. I was mad with love and jealousy. I hid near by and saw an ambulance take him away. Although you married him, Helen- ' 'Who are you?' cried the woman, with wide-open eyes, snatching her hand away. 'Don't you remember me, Helen - the one who has always loved you the best? I am John Delaney. If you can forgive- ' But she was gone, leaping, stumbling, hurrying, flying up the stairs toward the music and him who had forgotten, but who had known her for his in each of his two existences, and as she climbed up she sobbed, cried and sang: 'Frank! Frank! Frank!' Three mortals thus juggling with years as though they were billiard balls, and my friend, the reporter, couldn't see anything funny in it!

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 6

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 5

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 4

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 3

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 2

داستان کوتاه The Coming-out of Maggie صفحه 1

داستان کو تاه The Skylight Room صفحه 5

the ,i ,a ,and ,of ,to ,who had ,the reporter ,with a ,of the ,friend the

مشخصات

آخرین مطالب این وبلاگ

آخرین ارسال ها

آخرین جستجو ها

civilha داروخانه هنگام السلام علیک یا قائم آل محمد عجل الله تعالی فرجه الشریف تحقیق و پژوهش روان شناسی هنررقیـه.آموزش خیاطی ،هنرهای تجسمی،آشپزی،مدل مانتو،لباس مجلسی،عروس تلفن های ویپ و تحت شبکه پایگاه مقاومت بسیج امام رضا(ع) پزشکی قانونی استان کرمانشاه دانلود سرا faslekhazanri دلارا